BID SPECIFICATIONS FOR VENTRY FAN 24GX160
- Fan shall have a fail-safe 24-inch, two-blade, aircraft-style propeller consisting of a vibration-dampening wood core with pressure-bonded, quadruple-layer fiberglass and Kevlar® outer structure.
- Fan shall have a tripod frame with three independently extendible, adjustable legs, making it capable of rising at least 14 inches above the ground in order to allow aiming of the air stream over obstacles such as residential entry steps.
- Fan shall be able to be placed on stairs or uneven ground and shall be capable of straddling 12-inch high ground debris.
- Fan shall be gasoline powered and equipped with a Honda 4.8 hp* GX160 motor.
- Fan shall be capable of fitting in a compartment measuring 29 inches high x 28 inches wide x 23 inches deep before options are added.
- Fan shall weigh less than 72 pounds before fuel, oil or options are added.
- Fan’s full-throttle ungoverned engine speed shall not exceed the engine manufacture’s redline of 4,000 RPM.
- Fan air stream shall not exceed OSHA exposure recommendations of 50 PPM Carbon Monoxide content.
- Fan shall produce at least 24,000 CFM verified by a thrust value of 19 pounds or more.
- Fan noise level shall not exceed 95 dB measured from 4 feet behind the fan at full throttle.
- Fan shall have a free-flowing wire guard which excludes objects larger than a 1/2-inch probe.
Fan engine shall be covered under Honda’s commercial warranty of three years and all other components shall be covered by manufacturer’s five-year warranty.
- Fan shall come with one Ultimate Door Stop which can be used in at least four different ways to hold a door open at a 90° angle.
- Fan shall be available with the following optional components:
- Spark Arrester to meet National Park/Forest requirements.
- Digital Tiny Tach™ combination tachometer and hour meter which tracks RPM and total hours.
- Safety Light which is self contained, water resistant, powered by a small generator in specifically equipped Honda GX-Series engines, contains a 50 watt bulb, and has an on/off switch.
- Solid Rubber Wheels and skids which includes two 5-inch diameter polyurethane wheels with ABEC-5 bearings, two powder-coated steel stair skids located on the front of the fan which allow for easy sliding of the fan up and down stairs/curbs, and a handle that moves straight up and down from the center of the fan.
- Small Pneumatic Wheels and skids which includes two pneumatic tires that are air-filled and measure 6 x 1¼ inches, two powder-coated steel stair skids located on the front of the fan which allow for easy sliding of the fan up and down stairs/curbs, and a handle that moves straight up and down from the center of the fan.
- Large Pneumatic Wheels which include two pneumatic wheels that are air-filled and measure over 8 inches in diameter and a handle that moves straight up and down from the center of the fan.
- Low-pressure water Misting Ring Kit with a flushable 22-micron filter and four adjustable nozzles. The Misting Ring Kit must operate at pressures up to 200 psi.
*The power rating of the engine indicated in this document is the net power output tested on a production engine for the engine model and measured in accordance with SAE J1349 at 3600 RPM.