James and other Hauser Lake Fire Department members rescue an exhausted deer from the ice. Fun photos like this one are posted on our Facebok page.
It may help you to know...
I was so “blown away” by your customer service—and James’ too!—that I posted the following on my professional blog.
Customer Service is Alive and Well: hfireemsleaderpro.org/...
~ Received from Robert Alvec, freelance writer, via email
Ventry Solutions, Inc. backs up their outSTANDing products with exceptional customer service, before, during and after the sale. Pertinent to fire/rescue customers, our staff has 110 years of combined firefighting experience which informs our products, customer service, and business model.
Our mission is to build the best equipment possible—in safety, quality, and value—while keeping the designs simple for minimal maintenance and intuitive, cost-effective operation.
Our goal is to build safety equipment that lasts forever! We want VENTRY and LENTRY Units to perform safely and effectively for a very very long time. Our designs are driven by customer needs and feedback, in an unending pursuit of innovation and improvement. As a result, we make our living selling our products, not their parts! We believe this is good business, proven by the loyalty of our customers and the track record of our products.
James and John Neils
Joan (and son Trace)
Graycee, May 2014
Top to bottom: Walter, William, Reylen - May 2014
Above: James takes a break from CEO duties to help Dad get Ogar running, a 2-place self-launching motor glider. This propeller was made by James to replace the original propeller and improve performance. The glider used to climb at 50 feet per minute and cruising speed was 60 knots max. With this propeller, it now climbs at 800 ft/min and cruises at 80 knots! James knows propellers. He knows how to MOVE AIR.
Knowing who is making a product and why can be very enlightening.
CEO, Mechanical Engineer, Firefighter since 1993. We are proud to share that James was recognized as our local fire department’s Firefighter of the Year for 2012. James was introduced to PPV in 1989 by John Neils (Dad) and has worked with fans and ventilation ever since. He once taught college level physics but gave it up after a year when he calculated his hourly wage. Currently, James serves as Division Chief of Operations (Assistant Chief), an EMT, and a fire fighting Instructor. James is also a pilot and has been working with and on airplanes since he was a small boy. James understands aerodynamics, physics, propellers...He knows how to move air! He is also a talented engineer and expert in fire fighting and ventilation, with a dozen great reasons for every nut, bolt, curve, and material used on our products. Finally, James is an expert you can utilize! Call him anytime. Our business line rings at his home too, so you may reach him even after hours if you call.
Founder, and “Dad” to Joan and James.
- Technically retired but still helps as needed. He has been a Firefighter and First Responder since 1989. John’s experience as a pilot, as well as having built several experimental aircraft, led him to be “volunteered” to build our fire department a PPV fan many years ago. Originally called a Windjammer, John built the first VENTRY Fan with help and ideas from fellow Firefighters Myron Richardson (who still does a lot of our welding) and Lynn Borders back in 1989.
Marketing and Communications
- Formerly Joan Neils, she also serves as Secretary/Treasurer and Web Admin for the HLFPD. She has done data entry and flyer design for Dad and James since junior high, but became full time in 2004 to help with marketing for a month. She never left. She has been accused of eating, drinking and breathing fans and lights. These days, her two very young boys often accompany her in the office so she sometimes functions one-handed, but she is just as passionate as always about getting our products into the hands of those who need them.
Operations and Dealer Sales
- Formerly volunteered as the Local Program Coordinator with the Idaho Special Olympics. Sara is usually the person with whom you will speak upon calling our office. If she is not cheerful and friendly, please call 911 because something must be wrong! Sara’s original title was Administrative Assistant, but she wears so many hats that she needed a title showing that she helps with everything.
- Firefighter from 1997 to 2013, Ken held the title of Engineer and EMT when he retired. As a fire fighter, Ken was a certified ventilation instructor. He is chief in charge of production around here and proud Grand-papa to three terrific grand boys who visit the shop and brighten it up from time to time.
- Firefighter since 1976 and an EMT. Myron is a dear friend who does a lot of our welding at his own facility, also in Hauser Lake. His experience and insights have been instrumental since the first VENTRY Fan ever made. Myron has been honored with our department’s Dedication and Devotion Award twice!
We are often “helped” around the office by James’s sons Walter and William, and Joan’s sons Reylen and Trace. James’s dog Graycee also spends most days with us at the shop.
Below, in a daughter-father-son photo, Joan, John and James pose with a plaque from American Honda Power Equipment commemorating ten years in partnership with Honda.