Three Electric VENTRY Fans shown with their legs extended different amounts.
See the Electric
VENTRY Fan in action.
Above: Legs on Electric VENTRY Fans allow them to be tipped to extreme degrees. Gas models are limited by their low-oil shut-off mechanisms.
Original Electric VENTRY Fan in
use for rehab with misting ring attached. Click image to see larger view of the
Fans are effective safety tools for combatting this deadly threat.
The VENTRY Electric Ventilation and Attack Fan
The same technology we’ve applied to our gas-powered VENTRY Fans for 20 years is ideal with Electric VENTRY Fans too! Why?
You can now choose electric fans without sacrificing air volume. The Electric GFCI-Compatible VENTRY Fan is appropriate for aggressive, coordinated positive pressure
attack and indispensible for overhaul.
- Like all VENTRY Fans, our 1.5 hp Electric Fan is
appropriate for aggressive, coordinated positive pressure attack.
- Like all VENTRY Fans, it is very quiet, robust
but not bulky, and fits in small storage spaces.
- Like all VENTRY Fans, the Safety Propeller on the
electric fan provides a consistent, narrow air cone for placement far back from the
door (8 to 15 feet), leaving entry/exit clear for firefighters and hose.
- Like all VENTRY Fans, legs allow the e-fan model to stand solid on uneven
terrain, straddleobstacles, lift controls within easy reach, allow fast and infinite
aiming, and lift airstream over common obstructions like porches or stairs.
- Finally, like all VENTRY Fans, we work hard to keep
our sophisticated three-phase PPVs reasonably priced.
VENTRY Electric Fan Benefits
What’s so great about Three Phase?
The VENTRY Electric Fan has a controllers/drive which
converts normal single phase input into three phase (3-phase) for the motor.
- Size and Weight. Significantly reduces the the
size and weight of the motor, by 25 to 50%, which is crucial for one-person
operation and limited storage compartments.
- Efficiency. Three-phase systems provide almost
constant torque and deliver more power using less amperage than single phase.
- Compatibility. Three-phase technology allows for
expanded control of motor operations for greater compatibility with standard power
supplies. For example, through programming, the VENTRY Electric Fan is programmed
to limit its power draw at startup to 20A (no initial spike), thereby avoiding the
need for huge breakers and other protections. It is also programmed to utilize all
20A (2400W) when set at the highest setting, so as to achieve maximum air volume
(CFM) when the supply allows. When necessary, the variable speed dial may be
lowered to accommodate a smaller power source.
- Note: The VENTRY Electric
Fan plugs into a normal household current (single phase) but converts it to
three-phase for the motor. (The circuit must be 20A, not 15A.)
- For additional explanations of three phase efficiency, there is a
good explanation on Wikipedia.
- Fast, sturdy setup on any terrain
- Unlimited tilt and aiming of the air stream.
- 12,080 cfm verified with 9.3 pounds of thrust.
- Three phase technology saves size and weight.
- No initial power spike; will not exceed 20A at start-up!
- Fan utilizes all available amperage from 20A supply to deliver maximum
- A/C drive accepts single phase input (standard 110V household current) but converts
this to 3-phase to the motor, greatly reducing size and
E-fans fit in 2 x 2 x 2 foot compartments with a little room to spare. (Same
overall size as the popular 20-inch gas models.)
- Variable speed drive allows for precise setting anywhere between 0 and 3600 RPM
to accommodate lower power supplies.
General Benefits of Electric motors
In general, electric motors offer these benefits over gas engines.
- lower maintenance (essentially none)
- no emissions
- quieter operation than combustion engines
- smoother operation so less prone to vibration/walking than fans with combustion
- can be tipped or oriented in any direction (While most gasoline motors will
shut down if tipped more than 20 degrees, fans with electric motors may be aimed
straight down into a man hole, straight up into an attic, or at any angle in
Please visit our Downloads page which has PDF and
JPG files of various brochures and specs. View, save, print and share a variety of
fan information, including the Electric Fan Flyer at right.
Click here for specs and photos of our Electric PPV Fan.
Top of page